The Episcopal Day School of Evergreen (EDSE) is located in the heart of Evergreen, Colorado on the campus of the Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration. Our program accepts children between the ages of 12 months to 6 years. Our philosophy is to provide a nurturing atmosphere that will enable the young child the opportunity to develop personal-social skills for successful, pleasant interactions with peers, adults and the environment. Furthermore, we seek to instill a positive sense of self-esteem and love, as well as foster academic readiness.
We are a licensed program and follow the guidelines set forth by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). EDSE utilizes an Integrated Curriculum in which monthly themes are integrated across all subjects. Our focus is on preparing children for lifelong learning by teaching in a holistic way that reflects the real world. Our graduates consistently test high when they reach Kindergarten. EDSE's curriculum:
- Reflects the natural way children develop at their own rate;
- Allows for a wide range of abilities within the classroom;
- Maximizes the effect of rates of learning, different styles of learning and multiple intelligence;
- Provides an opportunity for learning to take place within the context of meaningful activity;
- Lends itself to a theme based approach;
- Promotes self motivation and extension of learning;
- Promotes positive awareness of our community through hands-on activities.
SPECIALS: In addition to our challenging yet fun classroom curriculum, we believe our students should be exposed to a wide variety of experiences. Our Specials curriculum includes:
- 4 Core Subjects for all students: Art, Music, Library and Physical Education
- Computers for Explorers (3 year-olds) and Pre-K
- Advanced Specials for Pre-K in such areas as Foreign Language, Drama, Cooking, and Recorders
Our school is located on 11 pristine acres of land. This enables us to take advantage of our beautiful mountain surroundings. Our classrooms are warm, colorful, and cheerful with a variety of age-appropriate toys and learning materials. We maintain strict ratios for each age groups as well as follow strict safety standards. We have two age-appropriate playgrounds and our campus allows us to experience nature walks, the Labyrinth, and our wonderful neighbors at JP Total and ECHO. Our Active Solar Greenhouse which is a year-round learning tool for children of all ages. It provides the opportunity to learn about growing flowers and food, insect lore and simple solar energy solutions. Furthermore, it encourages young minds to explore and appreciate the simplicity and beauty of “Going Green”.
While we are a non-denominational preschool, we work hand-in-hand with the Church of the Transfiguration to maintain the facilities and the quality of the program.